Thursday, December 20, 2007

countdown to christmas - day twenty

Well, it was back to cookie-making for me tonight. Dan and I thought it would be nice to give all his co-workers a little holiday treat. So, I found some cute tins at Michael's, pulled out my trusty "Cowboy Cookie" recipe, and started baking up a storm. Now, three hours later, the house smells like chocolate goodness, the cookie tins are awaiting their trek to work tomorrow, and I am ready for a good night of sleep!

COWBOY COOKIES
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing. Shape into walnut-sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
6. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I've been baking quite a bit(for me) this week. I made brownies yesterday from scratch, using a recipe my friend Sammi gave me. I'm not great at the whole baking/cooking thing, but I'm trying to work on that. Anyways, all the brownies got eaten by today, and so after making pineapple upside-down cake, I made another batch of them.

Neither the cake nor the brownies came out the way I wanted them to, but I remembered reading the ingredients to your cowboy cookies recipe. They sound delicious, so I've printed out a copy. And so I think I'll try my hand at cookies next. Thanks for posting the recipe! I can't wait to try it(and hopefully not mess it up)!

Alyssa said...

Best cookie recipe EVER!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...