back amongst the blogging

I haven't illustrated for myself...I mean, really illustrated...in far too long. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I found or wrote some intriguing piece of text and then created a well-thought-out image to go along with it. Carrying a piece from conception to final product is something that I truly miss. And, though this all makes me somewhat sad, I've liked realizing this past week that I still look at the world through illustrator's eyes. I'd like to think that this is something no illustrator could possibly lose.

THINGS THAT MAKE ME WANT TO SIT DOWN AND SKETCH:
1. Briefly observing a "princess party" of little girls who knew, at that moment, that they were the most captivating creatures on earth. Their elaborate dresses and the expressions on their faces (amazing "little girl confidence") were priceless and worthy of being captured on paper.
2. The amazingly unique illustrations of
Waffle and The Day I Swapped my Dad for Two Goldfish
3.
Psalm 33:6-7
4. Remembering the days when my cousins and Mandi and I could turn your average afternoon into a marvelous superhero adventure. Dips in the pool transformed us into magical dolphins and amazing powers were easily granted whenever the five of us were together.
5. Nursery rhymes
6. Musing over the unknown stories in my family history and wondering about the faces that I'll never meet
7. Kitties
8. Childhood memories of dancing in an attic with old canes and bowler hats
9. Nana Olga's cookie press
10. The woods of Vermont where many summers were spent in carefree exploration, imagination, and discovery

Comments

Jason said…
Ooh, number 4 is something I'd love to see. I'm sure the other cuzzes would as well. But I really wanna see number 3. You HAVE to do it!
Anonymous said…
Briefly observing a "princess party" of little girls who knew, at that moment, that they were the most captivating creatures on earth. Their elaborate dresses and the expressions on their faces (amazing "little girl confidence") were priceless and worthy of being captured on paper.


Man I wish I had gone out into the hall and seen that! I would have melted! :-) ~ Em

Popular Posts