countdown to christmas - day one

I decided that it was important to savor the Christmas season this year. Too often, I come to December 25th and wonder how it arrived so quickly. Then, December 26th pops up, and I wonder where it all went. So, I've decided to dedicate the next 25 days to celebrating this season, highlighting some of my favorite holiday traditions and noticing the things about Christmas that truly inspire me.

To get this season off to the right start, Dan and I cut down our Christmas tree this afternoon. Being the first year that either of us have attempted this without our families, we were proud to successfully find, cut, and then transport a tree back to our condo. The smell of evergreen, the thrill of the hunt, and the crisp winter air make this a tradition that I don't think I will tire of. Just having a tree in the house makes the whole mood happier and sets the stage for Christmas' grand appearance.

Comments

Popular Posts