countdown to christmas - day twenty-three

As I've mentioned before, I have been listening to a lot of Christmas music lately, and the radio stations tend to play the same songs over and over. Sometimes this is a bad thing, but I think it's good at Christmas time. Hopefully it gives us an opportunity to think about some of the words...especially the ones in the Christ-centered songs. When I heard "Mary did you know?" for the first time this season, I was really touched by the words. This was the verse that really hit me:


"Mary, did you know
That your baby boy
will give sight to a blind man?
Did you know
That your baby boy
will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know
That your baby boy
has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little boy
You've kissed the face of God."


I think it's that last line that I really like. Can you imagine being in the presence of Jesus, having Him as a little baby in your arms, knowing the reality of Who you were holding, and realizing exactly where He had come from (and that He had now come to dwell with men)? It's an awesome thing to think about.

Comments

Popular Posts