This Easter egg project just played upon my new-found obsession.
I learned about silk-transfer eggs last year when Lindsey posted egg creations on her blog. This Easter, I was determined to try it for myself. The whole idea is to transfer the patterns from silk scarves or ties onto the shells of eggs with a simple boil in some vinegar-y water. A few weeks before Easter, I went on a mad hunt for silk, and found some great scarves at the First Church thrift shop ($1 each!)
Dan and I spent Easter night working on this egg project and were amazed at how well it worked. Still, I think the fabric was not quite tight enough, as some spots have clear imagery, while other areas are rather fuzzy, with a more marbleized look. Nonetheless, they made for a quite cheerful and colorful end to a relaxing holiday weekend.