crawling along

One of the first things I ever learned how to draw was a caterpillar. At age 4 it all seemed so simple. A series of circles, two straight lines for antennae, a squiggly line for a tail, many little legs, a smiley face......and VOILA! I had created my trademark caterpillar.

My mom always hoped that I would somehow incorporate caterpillars into my current illustrations. I think she wanted a bitty creature hiding in each image, as a mark that it was created by me. The concept never really caught on, but it did inspire the above drawing. I love his hairy back and spotted patterning. And, I feel like I can relate to him these days. I just keep crawling along too. I keep making my art, researching possible applications for it, and holding tight to creativity.

Comments

Popular Posts