invitation-maker...wedding #2

If there's one thing I'm not good at, it's sticking with a specific style. I like experimenting. I like mixing things up in my creative process, and I like seeing how I can create images in a wide variety of ways.

Maybe I was born for this. Maybe invitation-making is my calling. Over the past few weeks I have just been creating, without the overhanging worry that I need to stick with a certain style. And, the removal of that worry has made the whole process smoother, more fun, and more productive. The way I figure it, variety keeps life interesting. And, my theory is this: No two people have the exact same style or identical aesthetic values, so why create a series of invitations suited only to those who enjoy modern design or a classic look or whimsical flair?

I think variety will actually do me quite well. To quote the Roman poet Horace: "Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans; it's lovely to be silly at the right moment." For a serious girl and a serious artist such as myself, I find this advice to be the perfect spark for creativity. Not much good comes from being too serious all the time, whether in art or in life.

So, mix it up, I will. Mix, mix away.....

Comments

Popular Posts