Saturday, November 29, 2008

autumn alphabet: q is for quilts

I don't know much about sewing...which is rather unfortunate, cause I really adore the little bit that I do know. Earlier this year, I was taught how to make rag quilts, and I fell in love with the whole process. Even details such as picking out the fabrics, cutting them into perfect squares, and arranging them into a pattern are artistic and creative parts of this craft. I've only made two quilts in my short quilting career, and one was created with quite a bit of help. But, the crisp weather of Autumn has been rekindling my sewing aspirations. This just seems like the perfect time of year to return to quilting.

I have drawers full of fabric waiting for me. I have a couch that would love the company of a warm quilt. And, I have always dreamed of making all of my Christmas presents. So, in short, I have no excuses. A season of quilting may lie ahead.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Sewing is easy! (sort of) So if you love it, you should learn more. Sewing can be a lot of fun when you don't feel pressured to make something. I can give you some pointers if you ever need some, although quilting sewing isn't my specialty. And cozy quilts are perfect for any cold day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...