to the birds

When I'm not making art, a part of me is missing. I think that's what I've been feeling lately. My artwork has gone by the wayside, a victim of other responsibilities and hectic schedules. And while this sweet little cardinal is not a brand new image, I decided to spend a little time with him today. I gave him a face-lift, added some texture, and set him on a course for greater things. He'll become one of the illustrations that I'll feature in print-form at an upcoming holiday fair.

I'm feeling a little more content now. I find that creating has a sneaky way of doing that.

Comments

Alyssa Joy said…
I know exactly what you mean! I start feeling a little gloomy almost when I haven't drawn anything for a while. Then when I do, the art spot in my heart is refreshed and satisfied. God gave us skills and passion to make art, and so it's no wonder we feel a sense of longing when we are not doing what He created us to do.
Natalie Burns said…
lovely said Alyssa!! Love you my creative friend!!

Popular Posts